Import Services and Import Shipping
All merchandise coming into the United States must clear U.S. Customs and Border Protection and is subject to Customs duty, unless specifically exempted by law. Clearance involves a number of steps, which include inspection and appraisement.
Import shipping and customs law requires that duty be paid on goods entering the county, according to its official classification from a tariff schedule. Sometimes a surety bond is required, and some types of goods must meet admissibility standards, with proper permits secured in advance by the importer.
At Export-Import Services Inc., our licensed, professional import services team has years of experience and ensures your goods sail smoothly through the U.S. Customs process, which can be fraught with delays and frustrations for the uninitiated.
Our representative will determine whether your import shipping needs require door-to-door forwarding service, U.S. Customs clearance, or both. We’ll contact our worldwide network of agents to work with your foreign contact to ship the merchandise properly. We’ll prepare the bills of lading, organize forwarding, handle the U.S. Customs clearance, tariffs and duty, and any related fees. If there is a problem, we’ll know what to do to fix it. Get started today.
Import services specialist Marcella Justin works directly with several U.S. companies who import furniture, plumbing supplies, auto parts, glassware, steel and jewelry from foreign countries. From her computer, directly connected to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Automated Commercial Environment (ACE) service, Marcella efficiently handles clients’ needs to bring the goods into market.
“New customers will come with nightmare stories of trying to import their goods – stories of one problem after another.” says Marcella, an 20-year import services veteran.
“I enjoy explaining to them what needs to be done. I like solving their problems. It makes their lives so much easier, and makes me feel like I’ve made a big difference. We have become friends,”.
Our list of import services:
- Application for Importer ID: We will obtain this for you from Customs.
- Continuous Bonds: Each import shipment must be bonded, so that the U.S. government is assured it will receive its correct duty and fees. Frequent shippers often prefer to have a continuous bond to cover all shipments, which we can arrange.
- Customs Examinations: Sometimes U.S. Customs and Border Protection randomly selects merchandise for examination. We arrange to get it to the exam site and handle the examination charges, which the importer reimburses.
- FDA, USDA Processing and Other Required Government Agency Processing: We handle required prior notice, documentation and samples they may request.
- Domestic and International Freight: We have established relationships with the most reliable trucking and document delivery services.
- Personal Effects Entry: We typically provide this service for people who have been living overseas and who want to bring their goods back to the U.S.
- Specialized Classification: Our experts will know which category your goods fall under.
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection Processing: Expert guidance on regulations, tariffs, duty rates and problem-solving. We use the electronic ACE system for efficient, accurate processing.
- Steel Licensing: We can arrange for licenses.
- Importer Security Filing (ISF) & bond: A new requirement for the importer; we can assist with both
You can be confident that our convenient import services will help you complete your import shipping with ease. Let our NJ import agent help you today.